SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER
Organized by our local librarians to:
* Select 10 books per grade level to make this manageable and realistic - see Lists in left column
* Add 1 new title per grade each year (remove 1 title)
* Align with CCSS Curriculum
* Align with new NYS recommended Lexile levels
* Include non-fiction as well as fiction material (at the correct Lexile targeted range by NYS)
Librarians and teachers are provided bookmarks with the book titles. Contact SLS to get sets of printed bookmarks, or click the "Resources" tab at the left to download your own.
Here's an overview:
If there are more than 10 students per grade, it is up to the school to run "elimination" battles
Below are schedules for SUNY Adirondack. We are in four buildings - competitions are ALL located in Eisenhart and Scoville. Registrations are at Bryan Hall; only break rooms are in Dearlove.